Starting this month, we are partnering with the folks at FantasticToe to highlight a user "collection". For those that don't know, FantasticToe is a place where shoe lovers of all kinds can go and add "collections"...or a photo gallery of their favorite shoes to share with other shoe lovers.
Collection Owner: ShoeJunkie
Collection Tagline: "When in doubt, buy footwear"
You can see the whole collection at: www.fantastictoe.com . If you click View/Rate on the Favorite shoe, you can page through the whole collection, and read all captions, using Next/Previous buttons.
"I think this is a great collection for a few reasons:
- It spans a lot of years -- the oldest shoe (the nude pump, back in style this year) is 25 years old, the newest is from this season.
- The collector thinks of it as a collection, she's not just randomly buying shoes. E.g., she's bought shoes all over the world (similar to how someone would collect art or any collectible), part of the reason the shoe is important to her is that it is a memento from a particular city or vacation.
- Lots of different styles are represented, from flats to platforms to slides to pumps
- She's funny! She jokes about buying plaid shoes in spite of an aversion to plaid that dates from her parochial school days; she calls her flats with the gold bug on the front her "Ode to QA" (which is funny if you're a techie), etc.
I think the stars of the collection are the following:
- Gold brocade slides purchased at Prada outlet near Florence
- Rene "Ode to QA" shoes, purchased in Venice
- Orange Lario mules, purchased in Paris
- Plaid Jimmy Choos
- Bronze Saks Fifth Avenue platforms
- Cydney Mandel platforms
- Pazzo slubby-fabric flats
- Black Kate Spade slides (new segment, Commemorative Footwear)
- Paisley flats (for casual Christmas parties)
- Vintage nude pumps 9back in style after 25 years)"